I love, love, love Mexican food. Here’s a great recipe from mytexastoday.com
Date Night Tacos
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 bag thick, restuarant style Tortilla Chips
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 small bunch cilantro, stems romoved and chopped
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
- Brown beef and add taco seasoning as directed on package. Let simmer.
- Chop tomatoes and onions. Place in a small bowl together and toss well.
- In a baking dish/tray, layer chips evenly all over.
- Add taco meat, black beans and both kinds of cheeses.
- Repeat this starting with another layer of chips on top.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until all cheeses have melted thoroughly.
- Once out, top with cilantro, tomato & onions and jalapenos.
- Add sour cream to center and serve.