We Texans call this Frito Chili Pie. There is nothing better. You can even open a bag of fritos and dump the chili in it, then top with cheese and/or sour cream. Yum. I found this simple recipe on mytexastoday.com.
Amy’s Texas Chili:
- 1 lb. lean Ground Beef
- 2 cans Hunt’s Tomato Sauce – 29 oz.
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans – 15 oz.
- 4 – 5 Garlic cloves – pressed
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 2 Tbs. Gebhardt Chili Powder – can substitute with any other brand of Chili seasoning.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fritos Corn Chips
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low stirring occasionally.
- Serve with grated cheese, dollop of sour cream and a handful of Fritos Corn Chips on top.