The nice folks at Turtle Wax sent me the new Turtle Wax Rinse-Free Wash and Wax to review. They did not pay me to review their product, but they did provide the product to me for free.
Let me begin this review by pointing out that I am a girl. I do not hand wash my car. I take my car to the car wash. Most of the time I go to a drive through car wash and have the outside washed, because the inside of my car stays pretty clean. I spend about $5-8 dollars each time I do that. I am a neat freak, and since no one is ever in my car but me, the inside of stays pretty clean.
I cannot begin to tell you the last time I washed my car by hand. I would venture to say it was at least ten years ago. I was a little reluctant to try this product because it meant I would have to wash my car. Myself. Manually. I tried to talk my husband into doing it for me, playing the damsel in distress, but he wasn’t buying it. We ventured out and washed both cars together using the Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash and Wax. It is so easy to use. You just fill a bucket with warm water and four ounces of the product. Turtle Wax sent me two really good microfiber cloths, and I would recommend getting some if you don’t already have any because it is a great cloth to use and it doesn’t scratch, or leave any lint behind.
It took my husband and I about 15 minutes to clean his SUV and my sedan. You wash and then either let it dry in the sun or towel dry. It was sunny on the day we washed our cars, so the sun did in fact dry the cars, and I can attest to the fact that they were spot free upon drying. Not the windows. I still went over the windows with some glass cleaner, but the body of the car and SUV were clean and so shiny, just as if they had been professionally washed and waxed.
I am a huge fan of this product. I cannot begin to tell you how much money this is going to save me because I will have no problem in the future washing my car by hand and saving myself $5-$8 a pop. It was that easy. The other beauty of this product is it only requires a bucket. No rinsing. Did you get that from the product name? That means that I could literally wash my car inside my garage in my pajamas and no one would ever know.
How great is that if you live in an apartment? Or just want to conserve water? Or have children who could do this project for you as a chore and you don’t have to worry about a huge mess? Or you don’t have to live in fear that your husband will spray you with a hose? Yes, it does all that! Lots of communities in Texas are on water restrictions. In my brother’s area, he says the restrictions state that they are not allowed to wash cars at all. I’m sure that is only because of how much water is wasted by running a hose. I bet the entire city would get behind this product!
The bottle retails for about $8. Since it has 33.8 ounces in the bottle, you can wash your car 8 1/2 times before needing another bottle. To me, it means I can wash my car for free seven times! So excited. What shall I buy with all my savings?
Here is the information from Turtle Wax:
Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash & Wax is the fastest, easiest way to clean and shine your car without rinsing. No hose, no mess.
• Removes dirt without scratching a vehicle’s finish and deposits a protective layer with extraordinary shine.
• Cleans paint, plastic, rubber, decals, glass, chrome and other metals, as well as any other washable exterior vehicle surface.
• Allows urban dwellers and those without access to a hose to wash anywhere, anytime.
• Conserves water and prevents harmful run-off into the environment. One bucket of water will wash and wax an entire vehicle.
How It Works:
• Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash & Wax contains a unique blend of biodegradable polymer cleaners and wax sealants that safely clean and protect all painted finishes.
• The formula encapsulates and loosens dirt to ensure it wipes away without rinsing. As soil is removed, a protective film is deposited to restore a brilliant shine.
• Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash & Wax will not foam like traditional washes. This is because the polymer technology encapsulates dirt, lifting it away from the vehicle’s surface. Polymers do not need to use foam to wash away dirt and debris, making it much safer for your vehicle’s surface.
• POUR 4 oz. of Rinse Free Wash & Wax into a bucket and fill with 2 gallons of water.
• DIP wash mitt or microfiber towel into wash, and clean car exterior one section at a time. No need to rinse with a hose.
Pro tip: Wash from the top of the car and work your way down. Works great on glass!
• DRY each section with clean microfiber towel. Return wash mitt to bucket to release loose soils and begin cleaning next section. Continue cleaning and drying one section at a time.
Pro tip: Polymers trap dirt and sink to the bottom of the bucket, so don’t worry about dirt transfer back to your car.
Turtle Wax also included the Express Shine in the kit to me, but my car was so clean and shiny I haven’t tried that product yet. I promise I will soon, and I will review the Express Shine at that time.