Not only is this recipe easy, but it is also gluten -free. Mexican, or Tex-Mex food as we call it in Texas, is one of my favorites. My favorite, if you must know, and haven’t figured out by now, is desserts! I got this great recipe from Bisquick.
Impossibly Easy Taco Pie
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce, if desired
- Salsa, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix. Spoon into pie plate. Top with chiles.
- In small bowl, stir eggs, milk and Bisquick mix until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Top with cheese and tomato; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Try other toppings like shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, chopped black olives, guacamole or crushed corn chips.
Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.