Doesn’t that look yummy? My husband loves Red Velvet Cake so when a friend sent me this recipe I had to share. I will be making this for Christmas and if it’s a hit it may be his new birthday cake! This recipe makes two pies, which I also love, because I love to send a pie home with my guests, or take to my neighbor. Makes me seem so friendly.
Red Velvet Fudge Pie (recipe from pizzazzerie.com)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts (or homemade, your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roll out pie crusts into pie pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on back (Duncan Hines calls for 3 eggs, 1-1/4 cup water, and 1/3 cup oil). Mix well and pour into 2 refrigerated pie crusts in pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If crusts begin to brown before pie is done, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, 10 ounces of chocolate chips (reserve some for garnish) and sweetened condensed milk. Stir (medium heat) until smooth and pour over pies.
- Garnish with extra chocolate chips!
- Let cool and enjoy!