Doesn’t that picture just make your want to get to the kitchen and whip up a batch? Here’s a great recipe from Betty Crocker.
Oatmeal-Cranberry-Sour Cream Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch of foil extending up over sides of pan. Spray foil-lined pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, cinnamon, butter and egg until stiff dough forms. Reserve 1/4 of the dough. Press remaining dough in bottom of foil-lined pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir sour cream, sugar, lemon peel, vanilla and egg yolk until well blended. Stir in cranberries. Spread over crust. Stir pecans into reserved oatmeal dough; crumble over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top is light brown. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate 2 hours. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
Lining the baking pan with foil eliminates sticking and makes for easy cleanup.