If you are looking for something quick and easy to make for your own crowd, or take to a crowd, here’s the one.
Picnic-Perfect Tuna-and-Macaroni Salad (allyou.com)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 12-oz. can tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- While pasta is cooking, combine celery, onion, parsley, carrot and tuna in a large bowl. Add cooled macaroni and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and whisk. Pour over pasta and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.Note:
Add veggies: Toss in chopped artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers.
Trade pastas: You can use any short pasta shape in this recipe.