This great recipe is from cookeatpaleo.com. I keep trying to do the Paleo diet full throttle, but I am not quite there yet. If you are looking for Paleo recipes, or gluten free recipes, please check out cookeatpaleo.com. I love avocados, and tuna, and quick recipes, so this one hits all the marks for me.
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion, to taste
- 5 ounces cooked or canned wild tuna
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the middle of both avocado halves into a bowl, leaving a shell of avocado flesh about 1/4-inch thick on each half.
- Add lemon juice and onion to the avocado in the bowl and mash together. Add tuna, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Fill avocado shells with tuna salad and serve.