I’ve shared this recipe before but love it so much it’s worth a repeat. One of my favorites from my favorite cook, Paula Deen. So slap your momma and make this today! (ps, I make with just frozen peaches, ’cause I can!)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on your level of preferred sweetness
- 1/2 cup baking mix (Bisquick)
- 2 1/4 cups baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the frozen fruit, sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix. Transfer the fruit to the slow cooker. In another large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon. With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the slow cooker. Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.
Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream