It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about a cleaning product I love, so let’s cover one of my favs today. I have used CLR Calcium Lime Rust Remover for decades. It is my go-to product any time I need to remove the deposits around my faucets, or clean my glass shower door to make it clear again, or even unplug the faucet spout or shower sprayer.
I used it recently to get rid of the deposits inside my humidifier. Ick. Who wants a humidifier that has calcium deposits around the part that you are breathing in?
I usually fill a small container with CLR and just hold the faucet spout in the container for a few seconds, and voila, it returns to give me a steady stream. In the shower I usually dampen a washcloth and hold on the sprayer for a few minutes.
If you’ve never tried CLR I would highly recommend it. You can find it at any supermarket, super store, or online.
- Powerful non-toxic formulation effective on hardest of lime and calcium buildup
- Great for cleaning coffee pots, coffee makers, commercial washing machines, dishwashers, vinyl siding, sinks, toilets, humidifiers and filters, hard water stains; For use with pressure washers
- Exceptional versatility, effectiveness, and economy in one product
- Safe for plumbing; Safe for use on light-colored grout; Septic safe; Biodegradable; Not harmful to nearby grass, shrubs, or vegetation
- Patented calcium, lime, and rust remover for cleaning multiple surfaces including stainless steel, glass, fiberglass, ceramic, porcelain, chrome, cement, stucco, brick and more